Nasser Nduhukire alias Don Nasser
HABARI DAILY I Kampala, Uganda I The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Lino Anguzu, has dropped trafficking and defilement charges against a Kampala city socialite -Nasser Nduhukire.
Prosecution had alleged that Don Nasser had transported a 16-year old girl from Tagore Living Apartments in the Kampala city suburb of Kamwokya and hoboured her in his apartment in Kito Zone, Kira Division for 4 days , for purposes of sexual exploitation.
Popularly known as Don Nasser, the accused was in 2024 indicted before the International Crimes Division of the High Court for offences of aggravated trafficking and sexual exploitation of an under aged girl.
The development was revealed on Tuesday during a pretrial hearing before Justice Andrew Bashaija, in a letter dated February 4 2026, in which Anguzu states that he had lost interest in pursuing the case.
Nduhukire had been jointly charged with Promise Ateete on counts of aggravated trafficking in children and defilement.
Said State Attorney, Kyomuhendo: “I have instructions to tender a nolle prosequi letter dated February 4, 2026, indicating that the DPP has lost interest in the matter,” he said.
The charges were withdrawn in Nduhukire’s absence. His lawyer, Evans Ochieng, explained to the court that his client was unwell and unable to attend the proceedings.
Following the submission of the nolle prosequi, Justice Bashaija formally withdrew the charges against the socialite. The court also ordered that Nduhukire’s cash bail of Shs3 million be refunded and his passport returned.

